Killearn Station opened in 1882 when the railway line from Glasgow to Strathblane (via Kirkintilloch and Lennoxtown) was extended from Dumgoyne Station (which opened in 1867) to Aberfoyle. It was more convenient for getting to the village than the first Killearn station. The train connection to Glasgow saw more wealthy people from Glasgow coming to live in Killearn, particularly in the summer. In 1911, the North British Railways built an agent’s house next to the station. The building is still there (behind Rosebank) and further details about it and the railway line can be found in this Stirling Archives blog. The original Rosebank was built by a Killearn station master for his retirement in the late 19th century. Because of structural damage, it was replaced by the current building in 1971.
The passenger train service closed in 1951, by which time there were just three trains a day. The freight service ended in 1959 and the line closed. The railway track now forms part of the West Highland Way.
An article in the Killearn Courier provides more information on the Blane Valley Railway (opens pdf, 2MB).